Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sympathy in Lavendar

Hello!  It's my turn to host the challenge at My Sheri Crafts. I figured there would be plenty of Halloween or Fall challenges this week so I went in a totally different direction.  I chose the theme "A Little Comfort" - make a Sympathy or Thinking of You card. This is one type of card I don't keep on hand and always seem to scramble to make when I need one.  This one, however, came together pretty well and is made all from scraps.
 The sentiment stamp is from "My Sentiments Exactly" and is a inside and out set.  I added a little bling with my I-Rock and a ribbon from Wal-Mart.
 I inked the inside by masking the center with a scalloped oval cut and applied the ink directly to somewhat mimic the purple paper used on the outside. 
Just a simple card, but I'm pleased with the results.  

I hope you will join in with us this week, but first be sure to stop by My Sheri Crafts and see the beautiful creations from the rest of the team!

Thanks for stopping in and I hope you enjoyed the visit!


This card entered here:

Crafting with Dragonflies - Nature/flowers/leaves

9 comments:

  1. Don't you just love when you can use up some of your scraps! Very pretty card Sarah! I love that ribbon! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Sarah,
    Such a great theme for us this week. I never have one ready .

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I love the colours and the ribbon is so pretty. Great idea for the inside too! Thank you for joining in at Crafting with Dragonflies.
    Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and my favourite colours. Glad you moved away from the usual theme for this time of year as we don't really celebrate them here in Australia. Thanks for sharing it with us at CWD.Ina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the cards you don't want to have to use but need more often than you think. A great colour choice. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our challenge this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card for a sad occasion. Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Dragonflies with our Nature/leaves and Trees challenge. Hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah... you picked such a gorgeous color for this project. Love the bouquet paper and very pretty ribbon. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful papers, colors and sentiment for a comforting card when needed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, all the different shades of lavender in your card makes it so pretty and it does have an ethereal effect to it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!