Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, April 30, 2017

A Couple of Contrasting Sympathy Cards

I made a couple of sympathy cards this weekend that I'd like to share with you.  They are both for the same couple, but one is from a women's club that the wife is a member of and the other is from a "Cowboy" Sunday School class of which they are both members.  See if you can figure out which is which!
     Image result for winking emoji


This card is made with scraps!  The bottom layer is a burlap paper from the Paper Studio and the next layer and the banner are scraps of paper I printed from Cricut.  The banner is also a Cricut cut.  The horse is a sticker from Karen Foster Designs, mounted on a scrap of cream paper and inked.  The sentiment is made with Cricut's "Baby Steps fonts and welded, cut from the same cream paper scrap then inked.  I added a little bit of  sisal rope and inside I used a Stampabilities stamp that says "I thought of you today".


This card is made with scraps and freebies!  The stamp is from the latest issue of "Cardmaking and Papercraft" magazine, colored with Spectrum Noir markers.  The embossing folder is from the same issue and the printed paper is a freebie from an older issue.  Have I ever mentioned that I love that magazine?!?!  I lightly inked the edges of the white piece to really make the beautiful embossing stand out.  A little hand-tied sheer ribbon double bow and it's finished!


Thanks for stopping by and I think I'll see if I can join a few challenges this week.

Floral Card entered here:

 

Creatilicious Challenges - # 114 Anything Goes with option of For The Girls
Creative Moments - Anything Goes, option Spring has Sprung
Jo's Scrap Shack - anything goes



Western Card entered here:

Digi Chooseday - anything goes week #17






4 comments:

  1. Both cards are lovely! Love the cardstock. Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday and best of luck with your entry.

    Jane DT for  http://https://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, thank you for sharing it with us at Digi chooseday crafty hugs Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!
    Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Hester

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are so pretty. Here lately, I've needed a few sympathy cards. They are so hard to make and send. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious. Good Luck. Maggie, DT

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!