Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #74

I hope you had a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving and enjoyed every minute of time with your family.  If  you went shopping, I hope you were successful and safe!  I very much enjoyed my time with Tim's family on Thursday and will be spending time with my family as this post goes up. Well, now, on with the show!!

It's time to Decorate For Christmas at My Sheri Crafts!  What a fun challenge!  No cards this time, just Christmas ornaments or home decor.  I decided to make a Christmas version of the tag decor I posted earlier.

The tags are again cut from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More at 6" and they are cut from recycled cardboard....a Bisquick box this time!  :)  I used a deep cut blade and multi cut 2x.

 This tag is from Potpourri Basket cut a t 2" and "Merry Christmas" is from Calligraphy and 1 1/2".  The shiny paper is a silver foil paper from My Minds Eye.
The trees and the church are from Christmas seasonal cartridge and the star is from Joys of the season.  I used white glitter glue on the trees.  Really, it's white, not green like it looks in the picture! ;) 

 I used white glitter cardstock for the snow layers on the church and for the ground snow I used a 12" glitter border strip and tore it in half.  The background is a basic blue cardstock from my stash.  All other papers are from my scraps.  Then I used a light spritz of spray on glitter and it kind of looks like it really is snowing! 

I really had fun with this and I hope you have fun making your projects, too.  So now, get crackin' and show us your Christmas ornaments or decor 'cause the season is officially here!!!!

I'm entering this also here:
Crafty Sprouts - Tag it!
Crafts 4 Eternity - Christmast Decorations
Whimsical Designs - Add texture

 

18 comments:

  1. WOW, this is simply FABULOUS, Sarah!!! It's a lovely Christmas scene you've created and sure to be enjoyed by all who see it this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I just love the way you created this beautiful scene out of tags!!!! It is just so creative and has so many pretty elements to it. Wha t a great focal ppoint in a room this could be. Just gorgeous!!
    Charlotte DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,When I first saw your decoration the first thing that came into my mind was the song, "Oh Holy Night"! What beautiful inspiration to all who come to visit! Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful inspirational scene Sarah! Love the tags and your Cricut cuts are so pretty! I love the Christmas Noel church and trees with the added sparkle!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, this is gorgeous. I love the tag idea and never would have thought of that for my design! Thanks for the tip!!

    Hugs,
    Miss Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing idea Sarah....might just be stealing i mean scraplifting it! :) in fact I think i just got an idea for something at work i wanted to do but couldnt figure where to start! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great Christmas display! It is really inspiring! Might have to lift this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant !!! Thanks for joining us this week at C4E.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this is beautiful. love it. thanks for sharing with us at whimdesigns :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great home decor piece. I love the scene you created with the snow, tree and the sweet little church! I love all the sparkle and the big twinkling star. Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello there!
    I am your newest follower. I wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed browsing your blog. This tag adornment is absolutely gorgeous! You did a fantastic job!
    Great details.
    Hope you stop & visit me. I am currently hosting a giveaway. If you are interested the post is dated SEPT. 1st.
    Otherwise, it would be nice to have your company on my blog.
    Keep generating those gems.
    Off to see some more.
    Crafty best wishes,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool little scene you created! I love all the glittery accents and the way you made it using tags! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great project! Your attention to detail is spot on, love all the elements of texture you added! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsical Wednesdays!
    Puppy Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is beautiful! The sparkling blue sky is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us in the Whimsical Wednesday challenge at Whimsical Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this is so beautiful!!! TY for joining us over at Crafty Sprouts!! Good luck!!!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete
  17. UMMMM I dont think I could say WOW loud enough! I just woke up half the fam lol. This is stunning!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Crafty Sprouts! Good luck.
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is just beautiful my friend! what a great decorating idea and you sure did a wonderful job with it! I'm sure it's even more prettier in person. Good luck from Crafty Sprouts!

    Many blessings,
    Zeni
    www.scrappyzeni.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!