Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Family Ornament

Hello!  It's a cold, wet Saturday afternoon here...a perfect day to be in the recliner with an afghan on my lap and blogging about crafts!  

I wanted to share an ornament I made with an early picture of my parents.  
Snowflake cut with Christmas solutions cartridge from clear plastic, both sides sprayed with adhesive and covered in royal blue glitter.  I have two pictures back to back on each side of the snowflake and it's all hung with clear beading line.  The pretty glitter ribbon came from Wal-Mart.  I added some white glitter and crystal snow.  The glitter quickly attached to the picture, so it really sparkles!

That's all I have for today!  Thanks for stopping by!

I'm entering this project here:

ABC Challenges-B for blue, bows and bling
Fantabulous Cricut - anything but a card, holiday edition
The Crafter's Cafe - make it sparkle

7 comments:

  1. What a keepsake-this is a FAB idea! I'll have to steal, er, borrow this idea for my nieces! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely ornament--great idea! Thanks for playing along with FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely heritage ornament. Great idea to remember family. Thanks for linking your project to our challenge at FCCB. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this looks really pretty. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. hugs! MOjca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Sarah, you were a winner at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge. Please contact me at cmalkah@hotmail.com.
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special ornament, that's a great idea! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok! Love Love this idea but......... How did you put the px inside? Was the ornament glass and the px was folded into it? or a plastic one that opens?????? Please contact me.
    Thanks
    harlo22@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!