Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Vintage Birthday Card

Hello!  I'm so glad you are here!  It's time for a new challenge at My Sheri Crafts and this time we are hosted by Sue.  She has challenged us to make a Vintage Guy Card.  No clean, crisp cards, thank you!  Let's get inky!

Now cards for guys are a challenge for me, but add vintage to it and I'm really having to get to work!  But here's what I came up with:





Not too bad, I suppose.... ;p

Supplies:
Patterned cardstock - Paper Loft
Sentiment stamps - Fiskars
Tag - Winter Woodland (I think....it has been laying on my worktable waiting to be used for quite awhile)
Rope - recycled from a package received
Stickers - Rebekah Sower
Key - one of the many found when we cleared out Dad's house 
Distress Inks - Tim Holz

This was really a fun project, once I got started.  So come on over to My Sheri Crafts and join in the fun and get inky!


I'm entering this card here:

Cardz TV - birthday
Open Minded Crafting Fun - monochrome
Really Reasonable Ribbon - one for the boys







12 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah, this is such a great card. I just love the sentiment and the key is great too. You do guy cards and vintage so well.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Sarah! You pulled off a rustic vintage card! Looks great!
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of this card. It's rustic and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! I love the way you used the jute string and the strong masculine images! Thanks so much for playing along in Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #89: One for the Boys Plus ribbon or trim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! Love the browns :) They are fantastic!! Love the twine too!! Fantastic creation!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool and vintage..thanks for playing along with rrr! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card ! I like it :) Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges. Hugs, Joanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is fabulous, Sarah! Very masculine and wonderfully aged. I'm really excited that you chose to play along in our "Monochromatic" challenge at Open-Minded Crafting Fun this fortnight. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, this masculine card has so many personal touches that make it so special---from the key to the rope and the calendar page...this is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very classic card, Great texture! I would love for you to check out my blog. I'm offering blog candy for followers. http://alllthingsbeautiful.blogspot.com Thank you for sharing with us at Open Minded Crafting Fun, Amy A.,DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow that's a fabulous card! Just love all the great texture and totally get what you mean by being hard to do masculine and vintage! Love the addition of the key great recycling!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card, Sarah! I love the key charm and that old stamp, and of course the twine. Great details

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!