Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Etched Wedding Gift

I needed a gift for a wedding shower for a good friend's daughter.  I knew I wanted to give her something nice, but not too fluffy and fancy.  So I etched a plain hurricane globe with a nice, but fairly simple cut.  The cut is from Home Accents, cut at 2.25" high and 5" wide (it's originally a horizontal cut, but I applied it upright) I cut the stencil from a scrap piece of vinyl and applied it at a bit of an angle. 

I always have a hard time getting the etching to show up well  in pictures.  The globe, candle and glass gems all came from Wal-Mart.  The gems and candle can easily be changed out for any season or occasion and the etching design will go with just about anything.

Then, I made a card/gift tag:
This is a really simple card.  I used the Christmas glitter matstack I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby last year.  The hearts are from the Wedding seasonal cartridge cut at 2" in silver metallic cardstock and double matted with a scrap of white glitter cardstock and black metallic cardstock.  The ribbon is from Wal-Mart.  The wedding is black and white, so I kept the color theme on this card.  The thin black ribbon on the white bow is actually black with white polka dots (that's the only black ribbon I had!) so I just turned it upside down.  Instead of applying this to a folded card base, I just wrote my greeting on the back side.  I liked how elegant it turned out and has TONS of sparkle!  Hope you like it, too.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Your hurricane came out very pretty and your card is too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!