Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Marvelous Monograms at My Sheri Crafts

Hello and Happy Saturday! Welcome to my blog and another challenge at My Sheri Crafts!  For this challenge we are to make monogram cards or a special project with lots of style.  For my project I chose to alter a 5x7 journal I bought in the $1 bins at Michaels. 

The original cover had a circus theme.  I should have taken a "before" picture, but I didn't have my camera downstairs with me. The glittery patterned paper is from K and Co. 
I cut the "S" from Winter Woodland at 2 3/4" and covered the top layer with glitter.  The rosette border is a Paper Studio punch.
 
This intricate butterfly is on the Cricut Ultimate Creative Sampler Cartrige, Bonus key 3 with the shift key, cut at 1".  It's actually cut from dark purple, even though it looks blue here.
 This satin ribbon was tied on a set of sheets I bought!  I glued the ribboon to the back of the book and added a little piece of velcro behind the bow to hold the book shut.
On the inside, I just added some light blue paper.

    
All the funky neon green is because my camera started acting up again.  I wish I knew why it's doing this!  Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't!

Now it's your turn!  Get monogramming and join us at My Sheri Crafts!  You may be our next guest designer!

This project entered here:
Anything Goes Challenge - Anyting goes!
Do You Stack Up - Glitter or Bling
Die Cuttin Divas - Pastels
Crafter's Cafe - Spring theme with pastels

10 comments:

  1. WOW, Sarah -- with your monogram and all your AWESOME details (LOVE that rosette!), you took this $1 store journal to new heights!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you couldn't have chosen better paper and colors! Your journal is gorgeous! I love the ribbon, the butterfly, and all the shine! Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, this is gorgeous! I've altered many journal books before but not as detailed and intricate as this. This is such an inspiration I make more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your monogram and rosette are beautiful--what a great way to cover a journal. Thanks for entering the Die Cuttin' Divas challenge this week--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful monogrammed gift. I love how the letter is the center of attention. Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Sarah! I mispelled on previous post. Sorry. Love the detail on this. Gloria

    Visit my blog - would love more members.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully altered journal! Love the monogram and the bling! Great job on the challenge!
    Glenda
    http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. From circus to downright beautiful! Wow! Love the rosette and all the sparkle! :) Thanks for joining us over at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!