Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, October 4, 2024

Kringle Reindeer Farm sign

Hello again!  It's time for a new challenge over at The Outlawz Anything Goes in a Card Free Zone!  This month is a fun theme - It's The Name Game!  Make a project using something with the first letter of your first name or the last letter of your last name.  We have a great sponsor this month - 
Gecko Galz. 

I made this fun sign with a board from Hobby Lobby.  My Name Game uses are
S - square, sandpapering, smudging ink and stems   


I first painted the board using a mix of reds.  Barn red was a little too dark and apple red was too bright.  Mixed together they were perfect! I designed the image in Cricut Design Space and cut it with Heat Transfer Vinyl.  This was my first time trying HTV on wood.  I thought it would need extra pressure and time, but it didn't.  I overdid it and it discolored some letters, thus the ink smudging. But I love how it turned out, so it was ok! I used sandpaper around the edges and grooves in the board, them inked it.   


The sign was made to hang but I had decided I was going to make it a shelf sitter so I took off the twine and make sure the stems covered the holes.  After I got it all done I decided it could be used either way if I made sure the twine was in the back and knotted in the front.  The knots are hidden by the stems and the twine can just hang down the back if you use it on a shelf.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you over at The Outlawz where we have seven different challenges to choose from!

I haven't entered any challenges in YEARS but think I'll try my hand again.  I'm entering this project in these challenges:

Creative Fingers - anything goes
Crafty Gals Corner - anything goes with optional twist of ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!