Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

1st Halloween Card of 2011

Now that the worst of the Fall "busyness" is over for me, I have been looking over several challenge blogs.  I don't do much for Halloween, but my grandkids do expect to receive their cards, so I decided I'd just as well get started on them.  So here is the first one for this year:
Isn't he a cute little guy?  I used a scrap piece of black textured cardstock cut 6x11 for the card base.  The green mats (inside and out) are also from my scrap stash.  The patterened paper is the only piece that was not from scrap.  I bought that paper at a yard sale and there was no name on the back,so I don't know who's it is.  
The little spider stickers are from Hallmark.  I had used almost all of the other stickers on that sheet, so they are kind of scraps, too!
 "Happy Halloween" was cut from Holiday Cakes cartridge at 1" on scrap pieces of orange and shadow cut on black.  Then I added stitching to it and around Frankie with my green glitter gel pen.


 "Frankie" is from Paper Pizazz - again, one of the few things I have left in that collection.  The ribbon came from Wal-Mart and added a nice touch. 
 I made this card to complete the challenge at Creative Cutter Room blog hop/challenge,which is Fall/Halloween with faux or real stitching, a sticker and ribbon.  Then I found that it qualified for a few others.  So I'm entering this one in the following challenges:

Cricut Creative Cutter Room
Celebrate the Occasion - ribbon
Love To Crop - mostly scraps
My Sheri Crafts - stitching, real or faux

I hope the Trick or Treat weather is as beautiful as it is now!  I'll be back soon with another post...I actually got TWO cards done yesterday!  WOO HOO!!  Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
    Laurie
    scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really cute! Good luck with your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and spooky! Love all the fun details! Great way to use your scraps!

    Thanks for joining us over at the CCR! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card. You did an awesome job with the sentiment also.
    Thanks for joining us at LTC
    Hugs
    Brenda
    I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun Halloween card, really cute! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO, hope to see you again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! Try reloading the page when you get to my blog to get the followers 'join' button to come up. It seems every blog I follow I have to reload the page to get the followers to show up! Crazy blogger...lol...thanks for trying!
    Cindy Porter

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! Great way to use your scraps!! :)

    ♥ Laura ♥
    tweetyb@satx.rr.com
    http://laurascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute !! Frankie is adorable !! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Frankenstein is really cute!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable, Sarah!! :) I love that you used those little spider stickers too -- they are just too cute to spook, eh??? :)

    Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Love To Crop!!! :) ***Be sure to check out the new challenge that starts today -- for an EXTRA surprise!! ;)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!