Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sweet & Simple card

A friend called me today and asked me to come look at her scrapbook stuff, she was selling it all.  I got there as quickly as I could!  When I got home and looked through my new treasures, I just had to make something with these beautiful stickers that were mint green and brown.  I just loved the colors!  I finally decided on one to use and make a simple card. 
 The sticker looks so full of dimension, it's hard to believe it's flat!  The sticker is from BoBunny and the sentiment stamp is from Stampin Up (also part of my new toys!)
 The sticker is 3", so I cut a 3 1/2" square of brown and rounded the corners.  I used a Martha Stewart punch to make the "lace" strip, I'm not sure of the paper brand.  I ran the strip through the smallest Xyron sticker maker.  I don't know about anyone else, but I always get excess glue left on intricate cuts with this sticker maker.  So I just sprinkled some green glitter over it to cover up the extra stickiness and add some sparkle.
  I really like how this one turned out and it was so simple!!  Thanks for coming by and I hope you like the card.
I'm entering this card in these challenges:
Card Patterns sketch 131
Crafting Misfit Show & Tell
Stampin Sisters in Christ
My Craft Spot-Friends

7 comments:

  1. Pretty!! Love the flower and the polka dots !
    Thanks for playing along with us this week, at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love your flower and how you coordinated the inside of the card! Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mint and blue really is a wonderful combination! What gorgeous - and fun - new toys for you! Your card has turned out wonderfully!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card! I love the beautiful flower! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly
    My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may be sweet and simple to you but I think it is just beautiful! Love the flower, ribbon and everything about it. Thanks for joining the challenge at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.

    Hugs,
    Amy
    Scrapping Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very pretty, I love that you included your design on the inside.

    Thanks for linking up on Show and Tell this week!
    Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
    Stop by my blog anytime!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!